Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
"Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans and Capitalism stole it from the Christians" Author Unkown. I love the Winte...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...
-
Pediocactus simpsonii var. Nigrispinus. I bought this tiny little golf ball sized plant at a NARGs winter study weekend probably 7 years ...
Monday, July 2, 2012
Where the sea breaks it's back
Georg Steller was a man whose name has immortalized some of the rarest creatures of flora and fauna on earth. He was also the first white man to ever set foot on Alaskan soil. Whether or not that is a good thing is beyond debate, but he was a top notch naturalist and botanist and without him some now extinct creatures may never have even been known to man. Stellars sea cow being the prime example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.