Popular Posts
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
"The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter." Mark Twain. But what i...
-
Calochortus longebarbatus To again quote the very informative NARGS "Bulbs of North America": "This is a plant of high ...
-
"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity" D. Eis...
-
Over the weekend it was warm in the greenhouse and the F. acmopetala in the greenhouse were dripping a sweet, sticky necatar from the lower...
-
Calochortus superbus You probably can't be a half bad looking flower if your common name is the Superb Mariposa Lily. From the mu...
-
Mimulus rupicola So its a blessing and a curse that I am driven to make a scientific experiment out of everything I possibly can in this ...
-
"The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a ti...
-
Colchicum cupani The little Meadow Saffron doing its thing in December. Usually this time of year I start seeing some of the hoop pettico...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...

We still have drifts of snow. I love F. pudica so--would I had "enough genetic material" of it! Would it were as vigorous as the Europeans.
ReplyDelete