![]() |
| Trillium albidum I'm feeling very fortunate this week, I said in an earlier post that I inteded to get back to the roots a bit and get out and see more of the wild things. Well this week was pretty special, finding Trillium kurabayashii well outside of it's known range, then seeing T. ovatum and now T. albidum it's felt a little like a fun little botanical easter egg hunt. Of course here in the valley there is nothing rare or unusual about T. albidum or T. ovatum. but's been a nice little refreshing taste of the good ole' botanical exploration days I got a bit busy for the last oh.....say ten years or so.
Not too bad of a day weather wise, it called for rain but it didn't. It said it was 44 but it felt like 55 to me.
Cheers,
Mark
|
Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...
-
"Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans and Capitalism stole it from the Christians" Author Unkown. I love the Winte...
-
One of the raised beds. Double post today, aren't you lucky. I was doing an evening stroll and noticed the junos doing there thing. ...
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
All the Trilliums
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.