"Time Like a petal in the wind Flows softly by As old lives are taken New ones begin A continual chain Which lasts throughout eternity Every life but a minute in time But each of equal importance." Benjamin Franklin ![]() |
| Fritillaria pudica You catch these just right in the fading light as the flowers are starting to turn and they take on this lovely setting sun gradient from the orange to the yellow. Boy were the petals in the wind this weekend, weather report said gusts to 50mph, but I'm pretty sure it felt like some 70 milers coming through. Definitely a blustery day of Winnie the Pooh proportions this past Saturday. The Bulbs are coming on like crazy now with 5 or 6 new ones opening every day. I've been thinking about taming down the vegetable garden this summer to leave some freedom for travel. Kind of a double edge sword if you are trying to live off the land as much as possible, cultivating it ties you to it, but also supports your health and vigor by making you work for it. the continual chain as it goes around and around.
Cheers,
Mark
|
Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...
-
"Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans and Capitalism stole it from the Christians" Author Unkown. I love the Winte...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
Illahe Rare Bulbs is super excited to announce the introduction of one of Diana Reecks New Erythronium Selections! This wonderful, new Ery...
Monday, April 9, 2018
Fading Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.