Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. Rossiter Worthington Raymond ![]() |
| Erythronium 'Pacific Sunset Strain' From the amazing Plantswoman Diana Reeck, these are insanely beautiful little gems, you really should see her raised beds chocked full of them with hundreds of flowers.
I was thinking about those T. kurabayashii that seem to spreading now, just a thought, but someone that gets to do science should do some genetic work on those, my guess is T. kurabayashii is actually a spontaneous genetic sport of T. albidum that could perhaps be induced by some environmental factor like a changing climate. That would explain it showing up well outside of it's range all of a sudden and the population I found is intermixed with T. albidum. Let the plant mutations begin!
Rainy in the valley, but temperatures seem to have moderated to spring like, at least it's in the upper 50's.
Cheers,
Mark
|
Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...
-
"Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans and Capitalism stole it from the Christians" Author Unkown. I love the Winte...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
Illahe Rare Bulbs is super excited to announce the introduction of one of Diana Reecks New Erythronium Selections! This wonderful, new Ery...
Thursday, April 5, 2018
"Fawn Lilies Sir from over the bridge "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.