Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
Peonia brownii in the front and rocks peony in the background. Patience....because I collected seed of that 8 years ago and its gonna bl...
-
"Christians stole Christmas from the Pagans and Capitalism stole it from the Christians" Author Unkown. I love the Winte...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
Illahe Rare Bulbs is super excited to announce the introduction of one of Diana Reecks New Erythronium Selections! This wonderful, new Ery...
Monday, February 4, 2019
The First Snow of 2019
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” Lewis Carroll
It did actually snow this morning but by the time I got up to take some pictures and walk around the garden it had all been melted off. It was only a light dusting and now it's 39 degrees with some sun poking through. The forecast says it's not supposed to get much below 27 this week, although it's suppsed to be clear and I'm guessing it will be cooler here at illahe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.