![]() |
| Lillium occidentale ??? More question marks because it seems to fit the bill, but it's not nearly as vibrant as the photos i've seen on the interwebs. Maybe this one was just a bit past prime and fading out, either way, it was about 6' tall, growing in standing water amid Darlingtonia californica, not far from the ocean and near the Redwood groves. I could totally get into growing and collecting the lilies, since I opened up some more room at the back of the rock garden I might just have to start looking around. Cheers, Mark |
Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams I've really been working on my photography lately, I get home from work and h...
-
Fritillaria crassifolia ssp. kurdica JJA 17242 I've pointed out the variability in these before, but I've been trying to seperate ...
-
Please visit: www.illaherareplants.com to see the new catalog! We are phasing out this old blog server so you need to go visit the new ...
-
Pediocactus simpsonii var. Nigrispinus. I bought this tiny little golf ball sized plant at a NARGs winter study weekend probably 7 years ...
-
“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.” Mary Oliver That quote is...
-
Fritillaria liliacea- wonderful, early Californian, I really do like the native left coast species. Fritillaria hermonis ssp. amana Frit...
-
“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the de...
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Where the wild things are part 3 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.