“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” ― Dante Alighieri ![]() |
| Colchicum davisii Only described as recently as 1998, comes this Turkish species from the Amanus Mountains. I really like the lighter color with the heavy tesselations and the tendency for the flowers to stay closer to ground level. The Autumn crocus are coming on hot and heavy now. I'm gonna make every effort to document them all. The ash is falling thick from the smoke filled sky as I write this, one can almost picture Dante, ascending the 6th circle, oh wait no, that's actually the willamette Valley. So many forest fires and the "valley of sickness" is a haze filled crucible that smells of burning pitch. We need rain soon. Cheers, Mark |
Popular Posts
-
Fritillaria eastwoodiae I've always loved plants named after Alice Eastwood. My old mentor Jack Poff would tell stories about her, I ...
-
Good Friday finds Trillium Question for you all, So last year I saw this growing in a local woodland park and for some reason ...
-
Illahe Nursery and Gardens My little nursery is located in the South Salem hills at an elevation of about 600'. In following the sage...
-
Anyone?.....Anyone?..... $15 credit toward bulb purchases off this years offering to the first person to guess correctly and enter it int...
-
The fall bloomers are starting. I had a nice talk with the department of agriculture today and I will be proceeding with international sh...
-
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams I've really been working on my photography lately, I get home from work and h...
-
I got called out for calling peonia brownii an ugly duckling.... so here I am apologizing for that. Just for reference here is another ...
-
Fritillaria obliqua Always nice when the flower that started you on a tangent in your life opens up for the season. As promised...F. ...
-
Fritillaria JJA 17255 Jane and I discussed that these are probably a form of Fritillaria crassifolia. The collection location is Iran, ...
-
So I had a failure of my blogging app amd while I really liked the program I was using, it has gone kaput with no apparent tech support. So ...
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Colchicum davisii
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.